Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

AJO - multiple timeout after event

Level 3

Hi, I'd like to create a Journey which start with an Unitary Event and after the trigger, add some waits which will take different actions, something like this

Silvio6_0-1712352242972.png

The thing is everytime I click on "+" in the event activity, the "Only events can be set in paralel" alert shows, and it's weird as I want to add another path to an event, even the warning is saying that for events is possible

Silvio6_1-1712352306053.png

Not sure why but there're some cases I can add more paths to the first event

Silvio6_2-1712352649776.png

But in those cases I only can add another event and not the wait activity as desired

Silvio6_3-1712352686286.png

I already tested this 

Silvio6_4-1712352725342.png

and not working, trigger is working only for first inital event and keeps there, the person does not move from inital event...

So, how can I achieve my goal?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It can be setup as follows where in each touchpoint would have reference to the initial event payload information.

dugganab_0-1712595419663.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 3

well, not sure, because the condition I will use is the same for all paths, I need a kind of Fork (like Adobe Campaign)

For example, if I use your example, the profile will always go to the first path because of the condition property

Silvio6_0-1712541093282.png

Silvio6_1-1712540938316.png

Thanks

Community Advisor

@Silvio6 

Please note that the FORK functionality, which is similar to that of Adobe Campaign, is not available in AJO. However, you can explore the 'jump' activity as an alternative. With this feature, event information can be seamlessly passed to other journeys, allowing you to incorporate wait conditions in new or multiple journeys. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journe...

Employee

Trying to understand the use case as to why multiple parallel wait activities are needed in parallel after a unitary event ?

Are you trying to distribute the volumes over a period of time on the following lines ? Unitary events are anyways discrete.

dugganab_0-1712589888440.png

Reference - Limit throughput with External Data Sources and Custom Actions | Adobe Journey Optimizer

Level 3

This is the use case: After an abandon cart we want to reach persons after 1 hour, 24 hours and 72 hours with 3 different emails (one per different hour).

So, the event trigger is the same for the 3 different cases

Correct answer by
Employee

It can be setup as follows where in each touchpoint would have reference to the initial event payload information.

dugganab_0-1712595419663.png

Level 3

Well, this is not what I was expecting but can be useful, thanks.