Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer - B2B Edition (coming soon) combines a first-ever buying group focus with industry-leading decisioning and automation to personalize engagement for each buying group member across channels.
SOLVED

Access AJO published landing page URL on AEM

Community Advisor

Hello AJO community members,

I have a use case where I created a landing page using AJO and published it. I'm able to preview this page but want to access this page over the web, simply putting the link of the landing page on a CTA on a AEM page to be accessible by the end user. The problem we are facing is that this AJO's published landing page is not accessible over the web. It's also mentioned in the Adobe doc's that "You cannot access your landing page by simply copy-pasting this URL into a web browser, even if published." Is there any other way by which I can access the landing page created in AJO?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Brian, 

You're correct. AJO Landing Pages only currently support accessing a landing page through email. The reason is that we don't yet have the capability to create new profiles with landing pages, and the link that we have The primary use case they were designed to support is a lightweight preference center in conjunction with AJO subscription lists. 

The event registration part of the documentation refers to the ability to create a new subscription list for an event, and then allow existing profiles to register for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't support capturing new profiles at this point, but that profile capture is on our next roadmap for landing pages, which we hope to accomplish by the end of this year. 

As far as opening the pages up to more than just email, we don't have a specific roadmap item yet to do that, but we have multichannel support on our list which will open them up to channels beyond email like push, sms, etc. 

Would love to understand more about your event registration use case and where you'd ideally like to use AJO Landing Pages. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi @AvinashGupta01 , 

Right now, the only way you can access AJO landing pages is through a link in an email. If you're just looking to test, you'd need a test profile created to start. You'd want to either put an existing Journey in test mode with an email attached and link the landing page to the email from the ACRITE editor or create a new journey to run in test mode against your test profile. 

Hope that helps. 

Level 1

Hi @KearaFausett,

Can you elaborate on why the use case @Avinash_Gupta_ described above isn't supported, if it's on the roadmap for AJO or if there are any recommended workarounds? If the only way to access landing pages is through a link in an email sent by AJO it seems to significantly limit the types of journeys landing pages can actually support.

For instance, the documentation on Experience League describes how landing pages can be used for event registration. We'd like to use AJO to support a similar use case. However, we'd need to be able to drive traffic to the event registration landing page from multiple channels (e.g. our website running on AEM, email via Marketo, paid media/search, social, etc.).

If we can only drive traffic to a landing page via messages sent from AJO, it seems like landing pages will only useful for allowing users to unregister/unsubscribe (if we send confirmation emails from AJO) and that our marketers' ability to take advantage of landing pages is limited. Is that correct?

Thanks for confirming!

Community Advisor

Hello @-Brian- 

This is the limitation only when you want to pre-populate the landing page data. If you are not pre-filling the information then you can access the link over the web and create journeys from there.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Tried with selecting and unselecting the "Prefill form fields with profile information", but in both the condition, landing page is still not accessible over the web. I think, it's a current limitation of AJO's to expose this landing page over the web instead of only using as a link on the email.

AvinashGupta01_0-1676308778565.png

Community Advisor

@Avinash_Gupta_  Apologies for passing the incorrect information.

I just tested it, and you are correct. The pages return 400 error. Seems the profile should always be available for a page to work.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Brian, 

You're correct. AJO Landing Pages only currently support accessing a landing page through email. The reason is that we don't yet have the capability to create new profiles with landing pages, and the link that we have The primary use case they were designed to support is a lightweight preference center in conjunction with AJO subscription lists. 

The event registration part of the documentation refers to the ability to create a new subscription list for an event, and then allow existing profiles to register for it. Unfortunately, it doesn't support capturing new profiles at this point, but that profile capture is on our next roadmap for landing pages, which we hope to accomplish by the end of this year. 

As far as opening the pages up to more than just email, we don't have a specific roadmap item yet to do that, but we have multichannel support on our list which will open them up to channels beyond email like push, sms, etc. 

Would love to understand more about your event registration use case and where you'd ideally like to use AJO Landing Pages.