Expand my Community achievements bar.

Keyrefs Not Rendering (in any PDF output)

Level 5

We upgraded to AEM Guides v4.4 on Monday. The Keyrefs in the topics (that go to keys in the map) are no longer rendering in any output. Not in the generic-out-of-the-box Basic (Native PDF Publishing) output, and not in any of our custom Native PDF Publishing PDFs templates/presets. (The keyref links do render properly in the AEM Sites output.)

I've tried setting the scope and processing-role and nothing is working.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to get our cross-ref links via keyrefs to work again? (The direct xrefs do work, but with shared topics, etc, that isn't a viable option.)

(All keys and keyrefs worked fine in our previous version of AEM Guides v4.3.1.390).

Versions on Production (Prod)

AEM Guides (UUID) 4.4 On-Prem Installation (24 Jun 2024)

AEM 6.5.19 (Service Pack 19) On-Prem Installation (15 Jan 2024)

5 Replies

Level 5

The keyref links do render properly on the out-of-the-box DITA-OT output templates, so this issue appears to be a Native PDF Publishing issue only.

Employee

@sschnelbach : can you confirm the way keys are defined/used - is it same as it is mentioned in the document: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-guides/using/knowledge-base/kb-article...

And it will be helpful if you can share a sample content highlighting how keys are defined in the map and how are they referred in topics.

cc: @AswiniLakshminarayanan

Level 5

The instructions you posted above are for keys/keydefs (variables). These are working correctly. My issues are with xrefs using keyrefs: 

Link in the content: <xref keyref="TestingNotes"></xref>

Key defined in the map: <topicref href="GUID-a92d98a6-cdd0-48f7-8166-414e70eec144.dita" keys="TestingNotes" type="concept">
</topicref>

And the links do display correctly within the XML Editor. They just don't output in the Native PDF-generated PDF.

Employee

@sschnelbach 

We are working on this request with a reference GUIDES-18087 

-Pulkit