Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference between Document based editor and Universal editor in Edge Delivery Services

Level 2

Hi Team

Which are the most important factors to take into consideration when selecting an editor for the Edge Delivery Service project? I'd like to know the specific distinctions between the Universal and Document-based editors.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @KeerthanaS 
Yes, the editing is gonna be different, for universal editor you need to create blocks progamtically, which will allow author to do editing, similar to components but for document based, no development is needed for authoring

Here are the blocks for universal editor : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/edge-delivery/wy... 

Apart from authoring, the generation of content, the block js/css development and other things stays same in both the approaches.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @KeerthanaS 
If you are going to use universal editor then you have to use AEM for content hosting, which is cross walk or x-walk setup.

Right now this is available via VIP program.

You cannot use Universal editor with google documents or microsoft documents.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi @arunpatidar 

Thank you for your prompt response.
I would like to know how these two editors differ from one another, especially in terms of their main characteristics.

Thanks

Keerthana

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @KeerthanaS 
Yes, the editing is gonna be different, for universal editor you need to create blocks progamtically, which will allow author to do editing, similar to components but for document based, no development is needed for authoring

Here are the blocks for universal editor : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/edge-delivery/wy... 

Apart from authoring, the generation of content, the block js/css development and other things stays same in both the approaches.

Arun Patidar