Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Video Tracking

Level 3

Hi,

We have recently launched a site which has ample amounts of HTML5 videos. DTM Event based rules provide lot of options to track HTML5 videos, however, I was thinking what role Adobe Media Player plays? Is this just the other way of tracking videos apart from how DTM Event based rules do? I understand, using Adobe Media Player, we can track videos provided by other video providers too, But, what if we just have HTMl5 videos. What is an ideal way to implement HTML5 Video Tracking with DTM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jaya,

I think you missed the starting of the article which says " We can track HTML5 videos using event based rules in DTM. However it doesn't have any out of the box functionality to track videos provided by other video providers (Brightcove, Youtube, Vimeo, VideoJS, Flowplayer, etc.)"

Hence you can definitely track HTMl5 video interactions using OOTB configuration in DTM

Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

When you say "Adobe Media Player" are you referring to Video Heartbeat? Adobe Media Player is a desktop application used locally only.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

I am referring to Step 4, mentioned in (Marketing Cloud Help | How to track youtube videos using DTM? ). This tutorial asks to include Media module in s_code. Now, my question is, if we use DTM HTML5 event rules, do we need this set up? Because, even if we don't include media player code, I am able to fire HTML5 rules based on HTML5 video interactions. I am not sure, in which scenarios or rather what kind of video players need this kind of set up?

Level 10

Thanks for the reference. I'm going to tag one of our other community managers that has a bit more experience with video tracking. According to the article, you can use the HTML 5 tracking that's built into DTM but you'll gain additional metrics if you implement the media module.

ParitMittal - Do you have more information on this article?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jaya,

I think you missed the starting of the article which says " We can track HTML5 videos using event based rules in DTM. However it doesn't have any out of the box functionality to track videos provided by other video providers (Brightcove, Youtube, Vimeo, VideoJS, Flowplayer, etc.)"

Hence you can definitely track HTMl5 video interactions using OOTB configuration in DTM

Regards

Parit Mittal