Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to create web properties

Level 3

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue to (Unable to create web properties ) on the latest version of DTM/Admin Console. I'm set up as an Admin for DTM in the Admin Console, however I'm not able to configure anything within DTM itself. See below a screenshot of DTM, where nothing can be configured:

dtm_no_web_properties.PNG

Having a look at the setup of DTM profiles within the admin console, I think there's something wrong with the admin profiles that are set up within DTM itself.

See below for a screenshot of the Admin Console for DTM, where only 1 default DTM profile exists

dtm_admin_profiles.PNG

Click on the settings for the default DTM profile shows the following screen. Note the lack of a "permission Group" option in the settings screen.

dtm_defaul_config.PNG

Trying to 'Create New profile' highlights this problem further: below is a screenshot of the 'new profile' screen, which shows the loading spinner where the 'Permission Groups' drop down should exist. However, the spinner disappears and there's no option to select any of the permission group profiles.

dtm_config_no_profiles.PNG

I'm assuming we'll need to contact Adobe directly for help? Any assistance here would be appreciated, we need this up asap so we can deploy Adobe to the production website.

Regards,

Hungy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

It turns out that there was a permission profiles in DTM which was not set up on Adobe's internal system, which our client care contact confirmed for us after I spoke with them on the phone. It's been resolved since.

Thanks for your time in looking into this though!

Cheers,

Hungy

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Hungy,

I've branched your question into it's own thread and added a link back to the original thread where you posted.

When you say you're an Admin of DTM, what does that mean? For example, are you a system administrator of your companies Experience Cloud, or are you a DTM product Admin, or do you have the admin level permission within DTM?

I think I might be able to help you troubleshoot this over the forums. Can you take a screenshot of your profile page showing what permissions your users is entitled to (with sensitive information redacted)? Also, it might be helpful to have a screenshot of the product admin page for DTM. To get to that page, you'll click products tab >DTM > Admin tab. You can see the admin tab in your second screenshot.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am a Product & Profile Admin for the DTM installation (see screenshots attached). Will I need to be a system admin to sort this out?

Product Admin Tab:

dtm_prod_admin.PNG

My Profile

hungy_profile.PNG

Cheers,

Hungy

Level 10

I pulled up your user in DTM and it looks like you are an Admin of a company starting with "R" and you are only a user for the company starting with "Bank". Can you confirm that you are in the "R" DTM company when you try creating a web property and no the "Bank" company?

Level 3

Thanks for looking into this, the issue is for the DTM installation of the 'B' company - the 'R' company has no issues.

I should now be a system admin for the 'B' company in the Admin console - as far as I can tell the 'Permission Profiles' for DTM aren't setup properly for this company.

I've given support a call as well and they agreed, said it's something that needs to be changed on Adobe's end, unless I'm still missing something?

Level 10

Support may have seen something I didn't. However, I did notice that you were only a user in the "B" DTM company. Obviously, the users permission level does not entitle the user to create web properties.

If you are a system admin for the "B" company, you should be able to go to the Admin Console. Once there, you should see a DTM card with the "B" company name. Similar to the card below but replace "Adobe Internal - MCC001" with your DTM company name.

Admin_Console.png

If you see that card, go ahead and click the card (not the hyperlinks) and you'll be taken to the product profiles for your DTM company. There you should see at least one product profile that should be linked to your DTM Admin permissions level. Make sure you are a user of that group. While you can also be an Admin of the product profile, you need to be a user in order for the permissions associated with that profile to be added to you.

Hopefully this helps solve your issue.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Jantzen,

It turns out that there was a permission profiles in DTM which was not set up on Adobe's internal system, which our client care contact confirmed for us after I spoke with them on the phone. It's been resolved since.

Thanks for your time in looking into this though!

Cheers,

Hungy