Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rule Won't Update in DTM...Cache issue?

Level 1

I've been having problems getting DTM to update rules after I approve and publish. I'm not sure if I just have to wait for the cache to clear out, or if there is a way to clear it manually. 

For example, I updated a Lead Success to fire a custom event and I also changed the title. However, after not seeing the event fire in digital pulse debugger, I noticed in the _SATELLITE that the name isn't updating so I'm assuming that's why the change I added to the rule isn't working either. I've notice this happen before when I've tried deactivating a rule and it still fires. Why does this happen and what can be done about it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Taylor,

It shouldn't take a few hours to update, but it can take up to an hour for changes to appear in the production library when publishing to Akamai because their servers around the world need time to clear the cached copy of your previous library.  We are continually working on ways to optimize this timeframe and hope to decrease it in the near future.  If you are consistently seeing that it is taking in excess of an hour for your updates to show up, please contact Adobe ClientCare and open a support ticket so that we can investigate further.

Best,
Shawn

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

UPDATE: After giving it a few hours, it eventually started working as expected. It must just take a while for it to update.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Taylor,

It shouldn't take a few hours to update, but it can take up to an hour for changes to appear in the production library when publishing to Akamai because their servers around the world need time to clear the cached copy of your previous library.  We are continually working on ways to optimize this timeframe and hope to decrease it in the near future.  If you are consistently seeing that it is taking in excess of an hour for your updates to show up, please contact Adobe ClientCare and open a support ticket so that we can investigate further.

Best,
Shawn