Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

How to pass data through a data elememt with custom code using DTM?

dariusd91806962
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to capture a value from an input box by through a data element in DTM. The problem i am having is, I do not know how to pass the data from the data element to the event rule etc. In other words when i captuer data ausing custom code in an event rule. I can capture it and immediately pass it to a variable like an s.prop or evar etc. but when creating a data element you cant send it to an s.prop or evar..

Here is my script.

$("input[name='loanAmount']").mouseleave(function(){ $("input[name='loanAmount']").val(); satellite.getVar('loanAmount'); return true; });
1 Accepted Solution
ParitMittal
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Darius,

Please see the below link for information on  How to create event based data element .

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/marketing-cloud-forum/activation.topic.html/foru...

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ParitMittal
Correct answer by
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Darius,

Please see the below link for information on  How to create event based data element .

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/marketing-cloud-forum/activation.topic.html/foru...

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

dariusd91806962
Level 3
Level 3

I did read the link you suggest and tried both of these scripts, but still didn't work. Please advise I really need to make this work.

$("input[name='loanAmount']").mouseleave(function(){ var Amount = $this.attr("input[name='loanAmount']").val(); _satellite.setVar('loanAmount',Amount); _satellite.getVar('loanAmount'); Return true;
I also tried this. var Amount = $this.attr("input[name='loanAmount']"); _satellite.setVar('loanAmount',Amount); _satellite.getVar('loanAmount'); Return true;