Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Google AdWords remarkerting tag

Level 3

Hi,

How can we add Google AdWords remarketing pixel using DTM for some specific pages of the website. As a best practice, is it even fine to add a pixel using DTM or should we add the code using our CMS tools (Adobe AEM)?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

One of the core purposes of DTM, like other tag managers, is to manage marketing pixels (often called marketing tags). Adding pixels via DTM would be the best practice.

In DTM, you'd make a page load rule that only fires on the specific pages you need. This page load rule would then insert the marketing pixel asynchronously.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

One of the core purposes of DTM, like other tag managers, is to manage marketing pixels (often called marketing tags). Adding pixels via DTM would be the best practice.

In DTM, you'd make a page load rule that only fires on the specific pages you need. This page load rule would then insert the marketing pixel asynchronously.

Level 3

Thanks Nikita. Yes, I agree adding the pixel via DTM, but in some case like LinkedIn pixels, its a best practice to add the code using the CMS tools and not through DTM.

So, I can either define the path on which I want to code to fire while creating the page load rule.