Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM: Tracking onclick events

Level 2

Hi,

Can someone please help me with a Dynamic Tag Management problem?  I am looking for the proper configuration of event based rule conditions to capture the click on an anchor tag whose only unique property value is for an onclick attribute.

Example below:

<a href="javascript:;" onclick="processlink('http://mywebsite.com/docs/download/2015/04/aab394e4-1f7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf',true,false)"><span>Get the map</span></a>

The most obvious method of manually assigning properties and attributes for onclick = does not seem to work.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I've added a screenshot here.  In an event based rule you set the event to "click" and then the tag to "a" with the innerText attribute of the "Get the Map".   Then you would put the 3rd party JS in the section down below in the rule.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

you could check the innerHTML value.  or inner text to search for "Get the map" 

Level 2

Rudi,

Can you elaborate more on how to have DTM search and fire 3rd party javascript for "Get the map"?

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Employee

I've added a screenshot here.  In an event based rule you set the event to "click" and then the tag to "a" with the innerText attribute of the "Get the Map".   Then you would put the 3rd party JS in the section down below in the rule.