Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

analytics report fails to show evar value

Level 3

Hi,

I am using evar variable to set 'Internal Search Term' for our web site. I can see the below points happening:

1. Data element has the search keyword value(fetched from Query Param)

2. Page Load Rule is getting fired where I set this data element to evar.

3. console.log code in Custom Code Editor in Adobe analytics section of Page Load Rule also shows value of this evar

However, I can see no values getting populated in the report. Also, I can see the all the analytics variables value in the image request but not this one.

Could anyone please help me in rectifying this?

Need to resolve this urgently.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Gigazella/Jantzen,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I am able to resolve this issue and can see the value in an image request now. eVar value was getting overridden with the one already defined in doPlugins function.

But now, the other problem I see that even though the value is getting populated in am image request but the report is not getting populated with the data. I waited for 2-3 hours but still can not see the data in report.

Kindly note that I am just trying to see Conversion Variable 'eVar' report which contains the 'search terms'. Is there any other metrics that I need to select and apply to process the meaningful report data?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

To recap, you are seeing the value being set to the correct variable in the image request? If that's correct, we may need to check with the Analytics folks. I'll copy our Analytics community manager here to see if he has some input.

A few basic things to check:

• Ensure you are looking at the same report suite in Analytics that is included in the image request
  • Ensure the variable you're using has been enabled within Analytics

Gigazelle - Do you have anything to add? If the value set to the correct variable in the image request, DTM has done its job. Is there something else we should be looking for inside Analytics?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Employee Advisor

If you're not seeing the search term in the image request under the eVar you're expecting, you're not going to see it in reporting. The only disconnect I see above is that the page load rule is not properly taking the data element and assigning it to the eVar.

I would double check your DTM rule and make sure that the eVar assignment is set to the data element you're expecting. I would also check that there aren't any other rules firing that also involve that eVar, potentially clearing the variable out before the image request is sent.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Gigazella/Jantzen,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I am able to resolve this issue and can see the value in an image request now. eVar value was getting overridden with the one already defined in doPlugins function.

But now, the other problem I see that even though the value is getting populated in am image request but the report is not getting populated with the data. I waited for 2-3 hours but still can not see the data in report.

Kindly note that I am just trying to see Conversion Variable 'eVar' report which contains the 'search terms'. Is there any other metrics that I need to select and apply to process the meaningful report data?

Level 10

I'm glad you were able to resolve the first issue. Sorry I missed that. I thought you were seeing the correct value in the image request.

Gigazelle​​ - It sounds like the image request is now correct but the report isn't showing the data. Any thoughts?

Employee Advisor

Make sure you're using the right metric. Frequently it defaults to revenue, which not many people have implemented. Instead look at something like occurrences or visits.

Level 3

Hi Gigazelle,

I understand that but at least eVar should me the search keywords that I have used in search box. Its still blank. I can only see 'None'. You can refer the below screen shot.

Level 10

It looks like the screen shot didn't get attached. Can you reattach it for us to review?

Level 10

Did you still need help with this issue? If so can you attach the screenshot we requested?

If you found a solution, would you mind posting it here in case others also face this problem?