Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What's a good confidence level you're measuring for A/B tests?

Level 2

Hey target community,

I recently launched a few A/B tests on our web pages regarding pages' layout and copy. Changes are pretty noticeable if you're a repeat visitor to the page.

However, what I've seen from the data (past few weeks) is that confidence level fluctuates a lot as we're collecting more data. For one test that has been running on a low to medium volume page, we haven't reached statistical significance for any of the challenger experience to either win or lose to the control experience.

I want to ask the community what is the confidence threshold you 're measuring for your web experiment initiatives? Do you have a specific use case where you would take some calculated risks (say an 85% of confidence) but still implementing the experience on the page?

Any thoughts or inputs are much appreciated.

LI

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Li, Nine Common A/B Testing Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them  and Plan an A/B Test are good resources to consider while planning your tests.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Li, Nine Common A/B Testing Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them  and Plan an A/B Test are good resources to consider while planning your tests.

Level 2

Thank you. These are great resources. I'll give them a read for sure.