Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

What are the pros and cons of using audiences/segments built in Adobe Target versus audiences/segments built in Adobe Analytics?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe Analytics:

1) Can have a segment based on user historic behaviour

2) Not a near real time

3) When you create the audience for the first time , it gonna take atleast 12 hrs sometime more to reach target

4) I think there is a limit on number of audiences i.e. pushed to AT via People service.

5) If something breaks in AA and not capturing the analytics events , it gonna impact Target Activity.

AT:

1) cannot create a segment with historic behaviour , may be possible with some profile scripting but limited

2) near real time

3) Can create segments , which cannot be create in AA . For example based on a certain cookie..

4) Flexiblity for the marketeer 

5) no limit on then numbers of audience that are created in AT

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

You are limited to global segments you make in analytics. I think its either 75 or 150. In Adobe Target there is no limit or at least much higher. 

Employee Advisor

@poonampatil182 Adobe Target Audiences are real time audiences and have no limit However, any audience created in Analytics as a segment and shared to other solutions in the Experience Cloud is what we call a historical audience. These audiences do have a 4-8 hour delay from the time a visitor qualifies until the visitor becomes actionable within another solution. Also, you can create only 75 Audiences in analytics that will be shared with other Experience cloud

Go through this link for more details  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/seg-...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Adobe Analytics:

1) Can have a segment based on user historic behaviour

2) Not a near real time

3) When you create the audience for the first time , it gonna take atleast 12 hrs sometime more to reach target

4) I think there is a limit on number of audiences i.e. pushed to AT via People service.

5) If something breaks in AA and not capturing the analytics events , it gonna impact Target Activity.

AT:

1) cannot create a segment with historic behaviour , may be possible with some profile scripting but limited

2) near real time

3) Can create segments , which cannot be create in AA . For example based on a certain cookie..

4) Flexiblity for the marketeer 

5) no limit on then numbers of audience that are created in AT

Level 3

I look at it less in terms of pros and cons and more in terms of what I need for that specific personalization.  For example, if I need a geo based audience (IE lives within this ZIP code), I will use Target, but, if I need a web behavior based audience (IE - viewed any of these pages), I will use Analytics.  In most use cases, I utilize audiences from AA, AT and AAM in each Target activity.