Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Target client-side logging - No analyticToken is returned.

Avatar

Community Advisor

I am following the instructions for Target client-side logging as described here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/personalization/adobe-target/a4t/cl...

 

After executing the alloy sendEvent, I get a response that has `characteristics.eventToken` but no `characteristics.analyticsToken`.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 1.44.39 PM.png

Is this documentation still valid?

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I found the issue.  My Target activity was set up with Reporting Source === Adobe Target rather than Adobe Analytics.  I created a new activity with a reporting source of Adobe Analytics and scopeDetails.characteristics.analyticsToken was returned. 

View solution in original post

0 Replies

Avatar

Level 2

Hi @Stewart_Schilling 

Yes the documentation is the latest for webSDK. 

Have you applied the code as mentioned in the document here , for Analytics token?

 

 

Avatar

Community Advisor

I did not because the analyticsToken field does not exist in the returned data. 

Avatar

Community Advisor

I added a log of the request and the response in case it helps. (my instance is named 'amalgam'). The experience is being returned and rendered as expected.  It's just missing scopeDetails.characteristics.analyticsToken in the response.


Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 9.38.58 AM.png

 

Also, below is my Datastream config.  Per the docs, I have disabled Adobe Analytics. (FYI, I have tried Datastream configs for no Adobe Analytics, with Disabled AA with report suite and Disabled AA without report suite).  None of these configurations are returning the analyticsToken.

 

Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 9.45.05 AM.png

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I found the issue.  My Target activity was set up with Reporting Source === Adobe Target rather than Adobe Analytics.  I created a new activity with a reporting source of Adobe Analytics and scopeDetails.characteristics.analyticsToken was returned.