Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Audience geo-targeting to cover the NY Metropolitan Area

Level 2

I'm creating an activity that needs to shown to audiences who are located in the tri-state or NY Metropolitan area. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any simple or efficient methods to create this audience. The only feasible solution I can currently see would be to include every municipality and city, or zip code in metropolitan area, which would be tedious on my end. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@christophert87757717 Yes you are correct. Including every municipality and city, or zip code in metropolitan area would be the best way to go. Or if you are already capturing that information in an mbox parameter you can use that for targeting. You could also try and build a custom profile script to check if they are from the NY metropolitan area and then use that profile parameter for targeting as well.

Ref: Methods

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@christophert87757717 Yes you are correct. Including every municipality and city, or zip code in metropolitan area would be the best way to go. Or if you are already capturing that information in an mbox parameter you can use that for targeting. You could also try and build a custom profile script to check if they are from the NY metropolitan area and then use that profile parameter for targeting as well.

Ref: Methods

Employee Advisor

christophert87757717

Great question. There is a really easy way to do it. Since I'm a visual guy I'll demonstrate with a screen-shot. See below: 1.1_tri_state_audience.png

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise, let us keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Thanks for replying Mihnea,

However I think there may be a bit of a misunderstanding. When we mention the Tri-state area, we are referring to the NY Metropolitan Area. The NY Metropolitan Area is a region that is composed of certain cities, & counties of each state that are tied socioeconomically.  Please see the image below.

image (7).png

As Shruthi N mentioned, the only possible solution we can observe right now would be to include every municipality and city, or zipcode within the metropolitan area. Would you happen to know of any other efficient methods that we can potentially try to reduce workload of inputting every city or zipcode?

Thanks,

Chris