Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Activities displayed at wrong time of the day | DST

Level 2

Hi All,
We have some activities in Target that are displayed based on the time of day. One such area is the customer service area, where the chat option is available based on the working hours of our support agent. Unfortunately, after DST ended on 30th October, it seems that Target does not adjust the time out of the box. For example, the layer here should be displayed from 16:00. But is now displayed from 15:00 onwards.

I can see two ways : a) use Profile script, b) manually update time for each activity.

Do you have any other recommendations to solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @srv_15 

Yes exactly, if you create a new audience within Target and add the "Time Frame" Attribute it will show you the Time Zone that the audience will be saved with.

In your case, I would expect it to pick up the new Non-DST time.

Jacob_T1_1-1668470072299.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @srv_15 

I've experienced the same issue in the past..

Based on my experience it seems that the time zone offset is fixed at the point in time you saved the audience and won't dynamically update.

So you would need to have an audience that caters for DST and Non-DST time.

Docos: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/create-audiences/categories-audiences...  

Level 2

Thank you @Jacob_T1 . Just to be clear, do you mean I should try creating audience with the same offset today and it will automatically pick up Non-DST time?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @srv_15 

Yes exactly, if you create a new audience within Target and add the "Time Frame" Attribute it will show you the Time Zone that the audience will be saved with.

In your case, I would expect it to pick up the new Non-DST time.

Jacob_T1_1-1668470072299.png