Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Storing and Retrieving data in Target using JQuery/JavaScript

Level 2

I'm currently storing information in cookies. Example: how many times an ad have been shown to a user. This is all done through Jquery (custom code option within Adobe Target Visual Composer). I may have more than one targeted ad for one ad location.

I want to move away from cookies. Is there a way to store this information in Adobe Target instead? I want the information to be stored for a month or a time specified by me.

Can I use profiles to store this information as long as I want it and retrieve it whenever I want?

Is there another way I can store and retrieve information in Adobe Target?

Example:
var counter = ${profile.countValue};

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arshdeepv954921  - by default profile scripts are stored for 14 days. This duration is reset if a visitor returns back within 14 days. To check what is this value for your account, go to Administration > Implementation > Implementation methods > Profile Lifetime.

If needed, you can get this changed to max 90 days by reaching out to client-care (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life...). 

rajneesh_gautam_0-1649946683879.png

Hope it helps,

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

If you store it via js code , then you can store it in the browser.

Con: It will be flushed when user deletes the cookies..etc 

If you use profile script , you can maintain the counter in the server side (at the target server side). This is the right way for capture such data.

That was the question.

If I use profile script, how long can I store the counter value on server side (target)? Is it possible to control the duration.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@arshdeepv954921  - by default profile scripts are stored for 14 days. This duration is reset if a visitor returns back within 14 days. To check what is this value for your account, go to Administration > Implementation > Implementation methods > Profile Lifetime.

If needed, you can get this changed to max 90 days by reaching out to client-care (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/visitor-profile-life...). 

rajneesh_gautam_0-1649946683879.png

Hope it helps,

Regards

Rajneesh