Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Should we use ADCL while integrating AEM with Target ?

Community Advisor

I am trying to set up Target integration on an AEM site for learning purposes.

The Data Collection documentation suggests to use digitalData global Variable.

aanchalsikka_0-1716384184625.png

But, I am unable to find it on the page. Rather it has 

aanchalsikka_1-1716384301697.png

Requesting some guidance on how to access the Data Elements like a Page name from above.

Aanchal Sikka

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Depends on what you mean by integrating with AEM

The way i interpret it is enabling the integration that allows you have the same 3 step process of creating activites inside AEM, as you have within the Target UI.

However, from the video it seems that you're referring more to deploy/implement Target on an AEM site. In that case the real 'implementation' is actually getting Adobe Tags deployed in AEM - through which you then deploy Target. 

You don't need the datalayer or data elements to get this to work. This will only be relevant if you need to be passing data from the data layer to Target through e.g. an mbox parameter. Then you would do this by mapping the data layer to a data element and then create a rule that passes it to Target via the mbox parameter.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Depends on what you mean by integrating with AEM

The way i interpret it is enabling the integration that allows you have the same 3 step process of creating activites inside AEM, as you have within the Target UI.

However, from the video it seems that you're referring more to deploy/implement Target on an AEM site. In that case the real 'implementation' is actually getting Adobe Tags deployed in AEM - through which you then deploy Target. 

You don't need the datalayer or data elements to get this to work. This will only be relevant if you need to be passing data from the data layer to Target through e.g. an mbox parameter. Then you would do this by mapping the data layer to a data element and then create a rule that passes it to Target via the mbox parameter.

I hope this helps