Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Search&Promote- I don't think I get it

Level 2

Can someone help with the "sell" of search and promote? I get that the product is trying to surface more relevant content, but in regards to search activity, how it is different than my dev going in, setting a search variable to capture the original term, then if the user refines the search term, setting a variable to capture the refined term, then updating the meta tags with the refined term? 

I have to be missing something, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

It’s much more than surfacing relevant content or capturing variables, here is some of the highlights of the tool from top of my mind.

• Feeds – can consume data from external source (Google terms, feeds, XML etc)
  • Promotion and merchandising
  • Geographical search
  • Multi language support, dictionary and linguistics
  • Autocomplete & Search as you type
  • Robust output in different forms (XML, JSON or HTML)
  • Integration with analytics & active ranking (Can integrate with other solutions like AEM, Target etc)
  • Business rule builder and scalable approach
  • Search management and manage marketing  (Change banners/creative based on search keywords)

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

It’s much more than surfacing relevant content or capturing variables, here is some of the highlights of the tool from top of my mind.

• Feeds – can consume data from external source (Google terms, feeds, XML etc)
  • Promotion and merchandising
  • Geographical search
  • Multi language support, dictionary and linguistics
  • Autocomplete & Search as you type
  • Robust output in different forms (XML, JSON or HTML)
  • Integration with analytics & active ranking (Can integrate with other solutions like AEM, Target etc)
  • Business rule builder and scalable approach
  • Search management and manage marketing  (Change banners/creative based on search keywords)

Hope that helps!