Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Search and Promote

Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to integrate our AEM CQ 5.6.1 system with search and promote functionality. Wondered if anyone is able to help with few questions we had that would be great. We are still in initial stages of implementation so excuse us about these questions.Thanks in anticipation.

1) Our site structure is locale specific and relies on GEO IP location functionality to redirect the request to the correct location. We believe that search promote crawlers seems to run its indexes through american ip addresses and hence our GEO IP always seems to redirect its request to our american servers and hence reads invalid sitemap. Any ideas if we are able to update search and promote to use GEO IP so that crawler server IP address is europe when indexing from europe ip address. Any other alternatives, perhaps we should have a separate search and promote configuration for EU and US so they can originate from the desired IP addresses ?

2) We seem to have one search and promote account for each locale. This is lot of accounts to manage. Any ideas if this could be updated so that we only use one account and configure all the locale specific entry points within this. We should then be able to use locale as a parameter to read the correct document. Are there any drawbacks of having just one account for all the entry points ? Any performance impacts ?. The reason for to be able to manage just account instead of one for each locale is so that it would hopefully reduce operational overheads to manage just one account.

Many thanks

Ramesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ramesh,

I'll request you to have a look at Integrating with Adobe Search&Promote first. Please have a look and let us know in case of any further queries.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Ramesh,

I'll request you to have a look at Integrating with Adobe Search&Promote first. Please have a look and let us know in case of any further queries.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 1

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply. We have had a look at the documentation but could not find answers to those questions.

thanks

Ramesh

Level 8

Hi Ramesh,

I've checked with the relevant team on your queries and have the following feedback:

1) Our site structure is locale specific and relies on GEO IP location functionality to redirect the request to the correct location. We believe that search promote crawlers seems to run its indexes through american ip addresses and hence our GEO IP always seems to redirect its request to our american servers and hence reads invalid sitemap. Any ideas if we are able to update search and promote to use GEO IP so that crawler server IP address is europe when indexing from europe ip address. Any other alternatives, perhaps we should have a separate search and promote configuration for EU and US so they can originate from the desired IP addresses ?

This will be linked to the way your S&P account is setup. There are multiple data centers present which can accommodate your request however there are limitations.

2) We seem to have one search and promote account for each locale. This is lot of accounts to manage. Any ideas if this could be updated so that we only use one account and configure all the locale specific entry points within this. We should then be able to use locale as a parameter to read the correct document. Are there any drawbacks of having just one account for all the entry points ? Any performance impacts ?. The reason for to be able to manage just account instead of one for each locale is so that it would hopefully reduce operational overheads to manage just one account.

S&P has a functionality called as SPIN which allows you to set up multiple account from one. With regards to integration with AEM on this topic there are certain features that offer limited capability.

Overall since these are a very specific set of queries which are scenario based I'd suggest you to reach out to our consulting team, who'd be able to suggest you the best approach on this implementation. Please reach out to your account manager in case you're not sure about how to contact the consulting team.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 1

Hi Nikhil,

OK thanks for your help. We would look into this as per your suggestions.

thanks

Ramesh

Level 8

Hi Ramesh,

In this case let me reach out to the correct team and revert as soon as possible.

Thanks

Nikhil