Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Moved to Web SDK for Analytics what visitorid should Target use

Level 3

We have moved our website Analytics capture to Web SDK within Launch.  Target is pushed separately with out website code.  In the past we have attempted to publish Target from Launch but have always had timing issues as most of our tests require feature flags to be turned on/off and we would have flicker issues.  

Is there something different we need to do for Visitor IDs with this type of implementation?  Is there a way that we can move Target to ECIDs without publishing from Launch?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @valerie_anders

You've moved AA to WebSDK via Launch and Target is deployed outside of Launch. That should be fine if you previously were not using A4T reporting for your Target activities. If you were you using A4T reporting before you moved Analytics to WebSDK, you will need to also move Target to WebSDK to keep the A4T reporting working properly.

There maybe some options for fixing previous timing issues you mentioned. If you would like to DM me your site I'd be happy to take a look at the implementation for you and possibly provide a suggestion.

Hope that helps!

-R

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @valerie_anders

You've moved AA to WebSDK via Launch and Target is deployed outside of Launch. That should be fine if you previously were not using A4T reporting for your Target activities. If you were you using A4T reporting before you moved Analytics to WebSDK, you will need to also move Target to WebSDK to keep the A4T reporting working properly.

There maybe some options for fixing previous timing issues you mentioned. If you would like to DM me your site I'd be happy to take a look at the implementation for you and possibly provide a suggestion.

Hope that helps!

-R