Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Metrics are not counting up within Reports

chrish75788707
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

w
e are currently experiencing strange behavior in the reports from one of our A / B tests.

It's a form-based test where we simply collect the click events of some buttons / links.

Problem: Only two of these are incremented in the reports. The rest only seems to count when we test our JS functions!

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 15.17.40.png

(FYI: I don't want to rule out the possibility that we still have a bug in our code)

 

Has anyone ever had this behavior in general?

All metrics are created in the same way in "Goals & Settings" ("Conversion" & "Viewed an mbox").

The audience is set to "All visitors".

The network queries show that all "trackEvents ()" were triggered and were successful.

 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution
ryanr701
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi @chrish75788707,

Looks like you are using Target as the reporting source. So, the first things I'd check are (and it sounds like you've already checked - but just for others who may see this):

  1. Confirm my metric settings in the activity. Are the mbox names exactly what I'm expecting? Have you added any audience refinements to the mboxes? Are the audience refinements exactly right?
  2. Confirm the "goal" metric versus the "additional metrics". Will a visitor convert on the goal metric prior to the additional metrics? If so check the advanced settings on the goal metric don't "release user" this would prevent subsequent conversions from getting reported.
  3. Double check your code that fires the conversion requests to Target. Check in the request to Target (via developer console or Adobe AEP Debugger) that the mbox names in those requests match exactly what you are expecting. Check any additional parameters (perhaps used in audience refinement rules) are exactly what you are expecting.
  4. Check other environments in the reports. If your account has been setup with different host groups or environments you might not see QA reporting unless you switch the reporting environment. Report view > gear icon (right of date range dropdown) > environment > pick appropriate option.
  5. If all this looks good but I'm still not seeing my reporting data. I'd try copying the Target activity and checking reporting in the duplicate of the activity. It's possible (though rare) that if you made several changes to an activity something could get corrupted in the activity. A copy/duplication of the activity will correct that.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ryanr701
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Hi @chrish75788707,

Looks like you are using Target as the reporting source. So, the first things I'd check are (and it sounds like you've already checked - but just for others who may see this):

  1. Confirm my metric settings in the activity. Are the mbox names exactly what I'm expecting? Have you added any audience refinements to the mboxes? Are the audience refinements exactly right?
  2. Confirm the "goal" metric versus the "additional metrics". Will a visitor convert on the goal metric prior to the additional metrics? If so check the advanced settings on the goal metric don't "release user" this would prevent subsequent conversions from getting reported.
  3. Double check your code that fires the conversion requests to Target. Check in the request to Target (via developer console or Adobe AEP Debugger) that the mbox names in those requests match exactly what you are expecting. Check any additional parameters (perhaps used in audience refinement rules) are exactly what you are expecting.
  4. Check other environments in the reports. If your account has been setup with different host groups or environments you might not see QA reporting unless you switch the reporting environment. Report view > gear icon (right of date range dropdown) > environment > pick appropriate option.
  5. If all this looks good but I'm still not seeing my reporting data. I'd try copying the Target activity and checking reporting in the duplicate of the activity. It's possible (though rare) that if you made several changes to an activity something could get corrupted in the activity. A copy/duplication of the activity will correct that.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

View solution in original post

chrish75788707
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @ryanr701,

first of all, many many thanks for your answer and please excuse my late reply.

 

Yes, we are using Target as a source report.

I will briefly go into the individual points below:

 

1. Confirmed. The mbox names are exactly as we expect and can also be selected in the "Goals & Settings" via the dropdowns. There are no audience refinements.

2. Confirmed. None of the defined metrics are dependent on others.

3. Confirmed. The conversion requests are fired (checked via the developer console as well as the AEP debugger tool) and the mbox names are as we expect.

4. Confirmed. The environment is set to the production environment and metrics are only counted there. All other surroundings are at 0.

5. (BtW: A very good tip) We copied the activity and checked it again. Unfortunately did not help. We also recreated the activity 1 to 1 again to rule out another error in the configuration, again without success.

 

We have another source of error in mind that we are currently analyzing. Several different tracking tools are running on the website and there are several other events that are fired on the buttons that are of interest to us. Maybe it's a timing problem or the tools get in each other's way.

 

If we find out anything, I'll update you guys.

Thank you again for your time and help!