Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Is there a way to AB test test results screen with Adobe Target?

Level 1

Adobe target is great for AB testing static HTML pages, but can it be used to AB test dynamic contents? e.g. UI for search results screen etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

For testing dynamic content I do the following: 

1- Before attempting to change any content, verify that the content is loading. Check every 300ms for the content presence, once it is loaded, replace it. Abort after say 5 attempts. 

2- If the Search results are returned with a page reload, you can use the URL parameters, or you can add a parameter to the mbox to use a different offer or to do something different if the URL remains the same after reloading. 

3- If the content is loaded with AJAX ( my case ), I simply add an event handler to the Search button and once it is triggered, I start checking for the new content before replacing it. 

To avoid flickering problems, I hide the containers and unhide them after replacing their contents. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

For testing dynamic content I do the following: 

1- Before attempting to change any content, verify that the content is loading. Check every 300ms for the content presence, once it is loaded, replace it. Abort after say 5 attempts. 

2- If the Search results are returned with a page reload, you can use the URL parameters, or you can add a parameter to the mbox to use a different offer or to do something different if the URL remains the same after reloading. 

3- If the content is loaded with AJAX ( my case ), I simply add an event handler to the Search button and once it is triggered, I start checking for the new content before replacing it. 

To avoid flickering problems, I hide the containers and unhide them after replacing their contents.