Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Is there a way to AB test test results screen with Adobe Target?

田畑_直
Level 1
Level 1

Adobe target is great for AB testing static HTML pages, but can it be used to AB test dynamic contents? e.g. UI for search results screen etc.

1 Accepted Solution
chongkan01
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

For testing dynamic content I do the following: 

1- Before attempting to change any content, verify that the content is loading. Check every 300ms for the content presence, once it is loaded, replace it. Abort after say 5 attempts. 

2- If the Search results are returned with a page reload, you can use the URL parameters, or you can add a parameter to the mbox to use a different offer or to do something different if the URL remains the same after reloading. 

3- If the content is loaded with AJAX ( my case ), I simply add an event handler to the Search button and once it is triggered, I start checking for the new content before replacing it. 

To avoid flickering problems, I hide the containers and unhide them after replacing their contents. 

View solution in original post

0 Replies
chongkan01
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

For testing dynamic content I do the following: 

1- Before attempting to change any content, verify that the content is loading. Check every 300ms for the content presence, once it is loaded, replace it. Abort after say 5 attempts. 

2- If the Search results are returned with a page reload, you can use the URL parameters, or you can add a parameter to the mbox to use a different offer or to do something different if the URL remains the same after reloading. 

3- If the content is loaded with AJAX ( my case ), I simply add an event handler to the Search button and once it is triggered, I start checking for the new content before replacing it. 

To avoid flickering problems, I hide the containers and unhide them after replacing their contents. 

View solution in original post