Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

How to delete an activity synched from AEM to target

Community Advisor

Hi Team,

I have just integrate aem with target, after creating and activity for a page, on save activity got synched to adobe target and got activated as well.

Since this was a test activity so we dont want to keep it in target that too as live so wanted to deactivate and delete it from target since the source of the activity was AEM, target is not providing me an option to delete it.

I also try to unpublish the and delete from AEM but no luck.

Can anyone please guide me here how achieving the activity deletion in target.

Thanks

Umesh Thakur

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Only way I'm aware is to submit a ticket to Client Care and they'll have Engineering remove from the backend.

Community Advisor

Hi @Umesh_Thakur,

You can also delete offers via the delivery API.
http://developers.adobetarget.com/api/delivery-api/

I'm just not sure at the moment whether this also works for XT.

Community Advisor

Thanks for your response @Perrin_Ennen ,

Target API is the last resort, and control of that can not be given to developers. I wanted the normal flow be working here.

Looking for some solution of it.

Employee

I did have the same problem, I raised a support-ticket, and the recommendation was as well to be using the "delivery API" to delete the activities and offers coming out of AEM.

In my case, the AEM system (test-system) the offers where created on does no longer exists.

I will attempt to use the delivery API to remove these activities.
Possibly we will be creating an "App Builder" UI (Runtime) to manage/delete these activities in the interim.
Or we have to stop using the AEM-Target-Integration-ExperienceTargeting Offers altogether (aka. "AEM Enhanced Personalization powered by Adobe Target"), as this integration only supports AT-JS Version 1.x , and not AT.JS version 2.x or WebSDK.

Support raised a Feature-Request with Product-Management and Engineering, with the ask to enable deactivation and deletion of "offers coming from AEM" out of the Target-UI:  TGT-48106.

These Feature-Requests can however take a long while to be responded to, and are no guarantee it will be implemented in the future (a lot of Feature Requests are being denied, or put on hold due to other priorities).