Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Elementary questions about Adobe Target

Level 1

Hi All,

I am not good at English, so I apologize if there are any inappropriate expressions.

I am now in charge of AB testing with Adobe Target and transferring winning patterns to AEM, but I don't understand the functionality well.

I would really appreciate it if you could answer the following.

[1] Am I correct in understanding that there are two methods of AB testing, one is to change the screen using GUI and the other is to add code to change the screen?
(Is this the same as what you can do with Google Optimize?)

[2] What methods are available to reflect tests performed in Adobe Target in AEM?

Example.
1. porting the source code of the changes made in Adobe Target to AEM
2. the content of the tests performed in Adobe Taget is automatically migrated to AEM when the "Apply to production" button or something is pressed.

I would like to know how to migrate to the AEM site.

[3] I would like to know how to look back at the results of tests conducted in Adobe Target

Example.
There is a dashboard for each test created in Adobe Target, and I can look back there, or it is linked to Adobe Analytics, and I can check it there, etc.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kokkeweb,
here are a few thoughts on your questions:

[1] Yes there is the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) - this is similar to Google Optimize. Then there is the Form-Based Composer. Both composers have their pros and cons. Especially when it gets more complex and involved - I'm personally a fan of the Form-Based Composer.

[2] You can link AEM to Adobe Target. Especially on AEM 6.5+ this works quite well. Here you have the possibility to export Experience Fragments (XT) to Target. There is also a button for this in AEM (Export to Target / Update..).

The content is then sent to the page by request and is inserted into the page on the client side. There is also server-side personalization.

[3] If you use Adobe Target in combination with Adobe Target (A4T) you can check this in Adobe Analytics. Basically you also have the possibility to create reports in Adobe Target. Create metrics accordingly. The metrics can be viewed in the reports of the respective activity.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kokkeweb,
here are a few thoughts on your questions:

[1] Yes there is the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) - this is similar to Google Optimize. Then there is the Form-Based Composer. Both composers have their pros and cons. Especially when it gets more complex and involved - I'm personally a fan of the Form-Based Composer.

[2] You can link AEM to Adobe Target. Especially on AEM 6.5+ this works quite well. Here you have the possibility to export Experience Fragments (XT) to Target. There is also a button for this in AEM (Export to Target / Update..).

The content is then sent to the page by request and is inserted into the page on the client side. There is also server-side personalization.

[3] If you use Adobe Target in combination with Adobe Target (A4T) you can check this in Adobe Analytics. Basically you also have the possibility to create reports in Adobe Target. Create metrics accordingly. The metrics can be viewed in the reports of the respective activity.