Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Dynamic Links Adobe Target tracking

Level 2

I am trying to track dynamic links via AT, in the editor i have the right selectors see image, these link are dynamically added to the pages after page load so don't receive the AT class .at-element-click-tracking. Any ideas how i can track these links?

selected-links.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you trying to have all of those function as conversion mbox events? Could just put a click handler on all of them via client side js and fire off a trackEvent call.

Something like

function fireConversion() {
    window.adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'facetClick'})
}

document.querySelectorAll('div.someclass').forEach((d)=> {
    d.addEventListener("click", fireConversion);
});

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you trying to have all of those function as conversion mbox events? Could just put a click handler on all of them via client side js and fire off a trackEvent call.

Something like

function fireConversion() {
    window.adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'facetClick'})
}

document.querySelectorAll('div.someclass').forEach((d)=> {
    d.addEventListener("click", fireConversion);
});

Level 2

Thank you @Eric_Vidana  for the answer, I did read you can make your own triggers, will this create the same action /event that selecting via the editor? Because when I look in dev tools ad see the delivery action in the network tab I don't see a 'mox' key from the the ones tagged via the editor?

delivery-mbox.PNG

Community Advisor
@johnuff can you open up that notification[0] property. There should be a mbox property in there which holds the name.

Level 2

@Eric_Vidanathe notification does show the mbox name, just having trouble changing the type from display to click, I have tried 

window.adobe.target.trackEvent({ 'mobox': 'facetClick', type: 'click'})

and I assume to track this mbox in Goals and Settings I create a Conversion goal of Viewed an Mbox? 

Community Advisor
@johnuff correct. set it up as a viewed an mbox rather than click. I have noticed that click only seems to pertain to the same name as the entry mbox. I think you are on the right track.

Community Advisor
@johnuff also, window.adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'facetClick'}) the mbox name 'facetClick' will be your input/mbox name on that settings page. You can name this whatever your want. Nothing special about facetClick.

Level 4
Just a note that forEach won't work in Internet Explorer 11, if that matters to you. https://caniuse.com/?search=foreach

Community Advisor
@ zach_shearer fair point. same goes for arrow functions. thanks for calling it out.

Level 2

@zach_shearer thanks yeah I know about forEach and ie11 and i would have loved to write the functionality in es6.