Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Debugging AEP (Adobe Experience Manager) Audience

Level 4

Hello,

I'm looking for support/guidance on how to potentially debug an AEP audience? I'm running an Adobe Target test and I'm utilizing an audience coming from AEP. I'm having difficulty receiving the proper experience when using this AEP audience, it seems to work correctly with a different segment, not the AEP one. Is there any way to see whether a user is qualifying for this AEP audience on the front end? Would this information appear within the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger extension?

I would love any additional information.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You would have to go to AEP profiles and search for your profile based on the namespace. For example, if the user is logged to the website and the email Id is getting ingested in the profile attributes, then in that case you can search based on the email ID namespace. In case, it's an anonymous user details might be profiled based on ECID (marketing visitor cloud ID) as it's namespace. Once you are able to find your profile ID, navigate to the segment membership tab and it's will show whether this profile is qualified for any particular segment or not.

Kindly go through with the following link that would provide you insights about what I have mentioned above. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/profile/ui/user-guide.html?lang=en#profi... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ben_mrm 

I don't think the AEP segmentation details are available on the cloud debugger extension. You would have to go to AEP and check whether your profile is qualified for that segment or not which you are exporting as an audience in Adobe Target.

Hope this help.

Level 4

Understood. Thank you @Avinash_Gupta_ 

So the process of checking within AEP then is what, looking to see if the segment is capturing a users specific marketing cloud visitor ID or something?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You would have to go to AEP profiles and search for your profile based on the namespace. For example, if the user is logged to the website and the email Id is getting ingested in the profile attributes, then in that case you can search based on the email ID namespace. In case, it's an anonymous user details might be profiled based on ECID (marketing visitor cloud ID) as it's namespace. Once you are able to find your profile ID, navigate to the segment membership tab and it's will show whether this profile is qualified for any particular segment or not.

Kindly go through with the following link that would provide you insights about what I have mentioned above. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/profile/ui/user-guide.html?lang=en#profi... 

Level 1

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this?

I'm able to identify my profile is part of an audience that is linked to Target as a destination. But it doesn't trigger the experience.

Kind regards

Leonie