Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

DataProviders - profile parameter

Level 2

Hi,

We are using the data providers function to call an API and pass through data to Adobe Target.

https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/client-side/atjs/atjs-functions/targetglobalsettings/?l...

If I want this data to be appended to the profile. Can I just pass the profile.[param_name]  in the call back?

E.g. 

Instead of:

callback(null, {t1: 1, t2: 2, t3: 3});

callback(null, {profile.t1: 1, profile.t2: 2, profile.t3: 3});

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @enick_88,
I know what you want to do. But it would be new to me that you can pass profile parameters from the callback. But I'm happy to be taught better.

My understanding is that it is only appended to the target request (payload). At this point the targetPageParamsAll() has already been executed. So I don't know if there is another way that you have the profile parameter already at the first request.

But you can pass the profile parameter accordingly for further requests - here I rather think of ways.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @enick_88,
I know what you want to do. But it would be new to me that you can pass profile parameters from the callback. But I'm happy to be taught better.

My understanding is that it is only appended to the target request (payload). At this point the targetPageParamsAll() has already been executed. So I don't know if there is another way that you have the profile parameter already at the first request.

But you can pass the profile parameter accordingly for further requests - here I rather think of ways.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  Is the data sent through on the Target request available within profile scripts? Could I pick it up server side and then store against the profile?

Community Advisor

As I understand it, you can only create audiences with it.

Of course you can also create activities with the audiences that write something in your profile. But that is your one request later - and possibly then too late and complicated. Then you can also use e.g. session storage and pass the parameters to targetPageParamsAll() according to the profile at the next page load.

Here is something else mentioned. Maybe this will help you:

Alternatively, you could pass the values as profile parameters using the profile. prefix, and just pass them in the first Target request of the session. However, you would be limited to passing fifty profile parameters per request.

How to Implement Data Providers to Integrate Third-party Data | Adobe Target