Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Customer Attributes / ECID / ThirdPartyID

Level 3

We have uploaded data into Customer Attributes and have subscribed the attributes to Adobe Target.

When I fetch the Target profile using the third party ID I can see the attributes. However, when I use the ECID only to retrieve back the profile data it does not include these attributes. Why is this?

If I lookup the ID in customer attributes I can see that the ECID is paired.

Thanks

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear nicholase927171,

ECID Mapping is there because even if the Third Party ID is mapped with multiple ECIDs, the profile should persist accross the IDs for seamless experience.

However, little eager to understand how are you trying to fetch the customer attributes through ECID. Can you explain this bit more?

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear nicholase927171,

ECID Mapping is there because even if the Third Party ID is mapped with multiple ECIDs, the profile should persist accross the IDs for seamless experience.

However, little eager to understand how are you trying to fetch the customer attributes through ECID. Can you explain this bit more?

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B | Xerago | Terryn Winter Analytics 

Level 3

I am using mbox trace to look at the profile data associated with the ECID...  

I am baffled as to why the customer attribute data wouldn't be available. In what scenarios would that be the case?

Community Advisor

Ha! Hope the ID sync is done using Experience Cloud ID Extension. If thats the case, can you check the 'Auth State' is selected as 'Authenticated' when you set ALIAS ID?

I do remember that we had experienced a similar issue earlier and later we fixed it somehow. I dont remember the exact changes we did, but try it out. If i remember anything, will keep you updated, meanwhile others can also help.

Level 3

Hi - thanks for your reply. 

Yes - all set to authenticated...

Do you remember what you did to fix? In some cases, ECID on it's own works, in others it doesn't.

Does anyone from Adobe have an answer? Or can point to documentation?

Thanks