Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Create audiences

Level 2

Hello everybody,

I've some questions about Adobe Target.

The implementation that I'm looking for is:

1. One user (anonymous or logged in) is going to enter a product page. This will be first time on that product's category.
  2. When the user has entered 3 times in category of the products, the home page content should be personalized by that category related content.

I think I can create dynamic audiences with mbox parameters. But the question is how can I assign the users to that audience? Or is it already been done when the request to the mbox has met with custom parameter and the user is already created in that audience? Or should I not to have use Adobe Target at all?

I don't have Adobe Target instance yet, if this can be done I'll get one. So please can you explain how this can be done step by step.

Best regards,

Ogün Adsay.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, In the scenario there is no need to assign users to the audience . Its done in real time. So if a user satisfies the conditions of the audience defined , there will be served the personalized experience .

Please refer to the below links for more information.

Methods to get Data into Target

How Adobe Target Works

How Targeting Works

Behavioral Targeting

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi, In the scenario there is no need to assign users to the audience . Its done in real time. So if a user satisfies the conditions of the audience defined , there will be served the personalized experience .

Please refer to the below links for more information.

Methods to get Data into Target

How Adobe Target Works

How Targeting Works

Behavioral Targeting

Level 2

Thank you,

How about the user? Let's say I managed to personalize contents to different users. When a content personalized for an anonymous  user, I think if the user closes the browser or delete the cookies, the experience will returned the default state, right? But that's not the issue for logged in users?

Employee

Please refer to section "In-page profile attributes (also called "in-mbox profile attributes)" in Methods to get Data into Target . This specifically talks about the use case related to Login information. So even if the user logged out, you can still capture the attribute in the visitor's profile so that it can be used for targeting later.

Yes, if the user deletes their cookies,then you are considered a new visitor and shown a new experience . Otherwise, say for example if you are using an XT activity for your personalization ,  users must meet the experience targeting rules on every impression to continue to see the experience's content. So as long as they meet the qualification criteria, they will be shown the same content on return visits .

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thank you so much for your help. If I have futher questions I'm going to ask from here If you don't mind.

Best regards,

Ogün Adsay.

Employee

Glad to have helped. If you have any new questions, please free to start a new thread and we will try our best to have them answered for you.