Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!

Challenger activites show up in Control segment

Level 2

I have an A/B test dashboard set up using A4T segments.  I am seeing activities that are specific to the challenger being pulled into the CONTROL group. In this case, activity links that are specific to the challenger only, are being reported as click activities within the Control group. What might be happening here?  My assumption is if they are the control group, then they are excluded from seeing the challenger experience.  And if they cleared their cookie/browser history, then they shouldn't be identifiable as control and they would be grouped into challenger experience as new visitor. I didn't think the two would overlap.  It's not a high number less than 10 but I want to understand why this is happening.  Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 2

To add more detail. First potential issue) I discovered that our Blog Pages are included in a 2nd Adobe XT (personalization) Target experience which shows the same exact activity link as my Challenger experience.  Could there be a way for this to cause a conflict so that some of my A/B test control group is seeing the Challenger activity link via the XT experience?

Second potential issue) my test monitoring dashboard shows that visitor entered on the A/B Test challenger experience, but shouldn't the target logic then exclude that user from the control experience? How might this have happened?