Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Cannot Save an Advanced Search as a Collection within Recommendations

Level 4

Hello,

Wondering what might cause the 'Save as' option to gray out/not be available within the Catalog Search > Advanced Search window? I've added a number of rules/filters to the data set and I'm returning a few hundred entities, however, when attempting to save the search as a collection or exclusion it's not working. Any known reasons for this? Anything to look at to troubleshoot?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @ben_mrm 
Funny I've experienced the same frustrations myself and have found 2 workarounds for the "value exists" but you could probably play around with them to achieve the inverse logic..

1. If there is a common substring in all values of that attribute you can just use "contains substring" (e.g. all images are hosted on a common domain or path).
2. If this is not possible I've used the following and it seems to give me the same result as "value exits"
"is greater than or equal to" and the value 0
Jacob_T1_0-1686812239814.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hello ben

This is most likely due to selecting a filter in the Advanced search that does not exist in collection creation. 

I created an advanced search where name contained the letter "a" and thumbnailUrl contained string "recs". At that point I could still save as a collection. 

I then added a filter for message value is present and the collection save greyed out. 

Verify that the search parameters you are using in advanced, exist in the Collections UI. 

Level 4

Thanks! Yeah, I think that's exactly it. My question would then be, why are certain filters available within the Advanced Search feature but not within a collections rules set?

Example being, I'm seeing operators available within the Advanced Search that are really useful like the "value is present" or "value is not present", however, these do not appear within the rules under the collections. Do we know why?

ben_mrm_0-1686233047512.png

ben_mrm_1-1686233199633.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @ben_mrm 
Funny I've experienced the same frustrations myself and have found 2 workarounds for the "value exists" but you could probably play around with them to achieve the inverse logic..

1. If there is a common substring in all values of that attribute you can just use "contains substring" (e.g. all images are hosted on a common domain or path).
2. If this is not possible I've used the following and it seems to give me the same result as "value exits"
"is greater than or equal to" and the value 0
Jacob_T1_0-1686812239814.png

Level 4

Thanks @Jacob_T1

This is great. I actually proceeded with option 1 this week, it seems to work for what I need....I was able to find an attribute that had some common substrings. 

For the second option you list, assuming this solely works for attributes with numeric values?

Level 4

Hi @ben_mrm, that's great!

For the second option I mentioned, I'm actually using it on an attribute that contains strings of text and it's been working fine for me.

Agree with your original post though - it would be nice to just have the actual options of "value present" / "value not present".