Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Attempt to edit existing activity receives message: ERROR Referring to invalid nodes

Level 1

Tried to edit an activity which has been working fine before. I get an message: ERROR Referring to invalid nodes. Tried removing different audiences one-by-one but cannot save any modifications to the activity.  I tried copying the activity which worked but could not save nor modify the copy. Target maintenance did occur while I tried saving the activity so I waited until it was done, cleared cache/cookies tried different browsers and incognito mode and still cannot modify the activity. 

Other activities in other workspace are not affected - they work fine.

Any idea how to work around this? I dont want to lose the work that was already done as it was considerable.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @marrGuy 

I too faced a similar issue. This usually happens if an audience definition is not correct.

In case of multiple audience:

1. Copy the activity

2. Select one audience at a time

3. Try saving the activity

This will give us a clarity for which particular audience this error is occurring and for that particular audience, we need to check its existence in audience library.

By doing this I was able to figure out the incorrect audience. Hope this will work for you as well.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @marrGuy 

I too faced a similar issue. This usually happens if an audience definition is not correct.

In case of multiple audience:

1. Copy the activity

2. Select one audience at a time

3. Try saving the activity

This will give us a clarity for which particular audience this error is occurring and for that particular audience, we need to check its existence in audience library.

By doing this I was able to figure out the incorrect audience. Hope this will work for you as well.

Thanks