Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Apply change to a group of pages

Level 1

I am not sure if this is possible but i have 100 pages with the exact same template and content and i want to make a change in all of them do i have to manually add the change to each one of them individually or is there a way to change one and apply changes to all of them (i am changing existing html elements and adding new, content stuff and block position changes mainly)

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hello @XhoiSh  - if your changes can be applied uniformly to all changes i.e. you change experience just once and all the pages are updated then yes there are a three ways to achieve your objective:

1. If you are able to find a common pattern in the URLs of all the pages e.g. all pages' URLs contains "/pdp/" then you can use Page Delivery part of VEC.

Rajneesh_Gautam__0-1702128847943.png

2. My preferred option: Send an mbox parameter with a common value from all these pages. You can then create an audience and use that in your activity. Its a more flexible way as you can easily target any pages, even if URLs do not follow a pattern.

3. If both of the options above are not possible - then you can manually enter the Page URLs under Page template section, by separating them by "Enter". 

Irrespective of any approach you take, I'd suggest keeping a close eye on the activity to ensure:

1. It does not target any unintended pages. 

2. Changes in pages' structure which may impact the experience delivery. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hello @XhoiSh  - if your changes can be applied uniformly to all changes i.e. you change experience just once and all the pages are updated then yes there are a three ways to achieve your objective:

1. If you are able to find a common pattern in the URLs of all the pages e.g. all pages' URLs contains "/pdp/" then you can use Page Delivery part of VEC.

Rajneesh_Gautam__0-1702128847943.png

2. My preferred option: Send an mbox parameter with a common value from all these pages. You can then create an audience and use that in your activity. Its a more flexible way as you can easily target any pages, even if URLs do not follow a pattern.

3. If both of the options above are not possible - then you can manually enter the Page URLs under Page template section, by separating them by "Enter". 

Irrespective of any approach you take, I'd suggest keeping a close eye on the activity to ensure:

1. It does not target any unintended pages. 

2. Changes in pages' structure which may impact the experience delivery. 

Hope this helps

Regards

Rajneesh