Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target - QA URLs do not show updated experience

Level 2

Created a simple A/B Activity in a brand new Target account (not historical activities etc). 

I picked my personal website that currently does NOT have at.js deployed.

Using VCE, I modified a paragraph for Experience A and Experience B. 

Activated the activity.  Then on Activity QA , clicked Experience A, it opens my personal site with token etc, however shows original experience (neither experience A or B, as modified using VCE). 

This is on Chrome latest browser, have Adobe Target VCE Helper.  Tried all sorts of things including clearing caches, token empty etc. 

Still cannot get the Experience A or B into QA url. 

Further, installed and configured Adobe Platform Debugger plugin for Chrome.  It shows at.js 2.10.0 injected by the VCE Helper plugin.
For Target logs it shows "AT: No actions to be rendered". 

Also inspected the network call to "delivery" api and response DOES NOT contain an expected "executions" json block. 

So, what else needs to be done to make this QA link work ?  Appreciate help. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @tonym65446936,
the problem here is probably timing. You have a QA link - but the at.js is not implemented. Adobe Target VEC Helper serves as far as I know only for the fact that in the VEC target is loaded accordingly. But not for page load - which would be the case with a QA link.

What you can do anyway - to test it at least. In Chrome you can save the respective page as an override in the Developer Tools under Sources. Here you can now in the head at the top of a script tag with the content of the at.js (you can download in the Adobe Target UI under Adminstration) - and insert it. So you can simulate for testing that the at.js is loaded. IMPORTANT - deactivate the override after testing (this will only confuse later).

Hope this helps you further.

Best regards

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @tonym65446936,
the problem here is probably timing. You have a QA link - but the at.js is not implemented. Adobe Target VEC Helper serves as far as I know only for the fact that in the VEC target is loaded accordingly. But not for page load - which would be the case with a QA link.

What you can do anyway - to test it at least. In Chrome you can save the respective page as an override in the Developer Tools under Sources. Here you can now in the head at the top of a script tag with the content of the at.js (you can download in the Adobe Target UI under Adminstration) - and insert it. So you can simulate for testing that the at.js is loaded. IMPORTANT - deactivate the override after testing (this will only confuse later).

Hope this helps you further.

Best regards