Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Adobe Target Geo location issues

Level 2

Hello,

Wondering if there is a known issue with the out of the box 'Geo' location audience parameter within Adobe Target? Specifically, for the country of Colombia. 

I've created a number of audiences based on this metric and they all work with the exception of Colombia. Any suggestions or alternatives here?

muerben_0-1633024647504.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@muerben  Audience parameter based upon "Geolocation" should work without issues. Could you generate mboxTrace and check for the IP details.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@muerben  Audience parameter based upon "Geolocation" should work without issues. Could you generate mboxTrace and check for the IP details.

Level 4

Thanks @Gaurav_Singh, could you elaborate on how to find the IP address/region by doing the mboxTrace? I've tried a few times and I'm not able to see this info. 

I did try the method listed below though and confirmed that my locations are not coming in as desired. 

"Create a form based experiment with an HTML offer with: <script>console.log('current country: ${profile.geolocation.country}')</script>" 

Level 2

@Gaurav_Singh  I've been able to do this mboxTrace and analyzed my response tokens as well and the captured location appears to be incorrect, specifically for Colombia. My VPN provider assures me the servers are correct so this leads me down the Adobe path. Any further troubleshooting that could be done on the Adobe side here?