Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Target Capture Convertion extern URL

Level 2

Hi, can I capture a extern URL (out of my domain) like convertion goal of one XT? Because, I tried but the results were 0 convertions in all audiences.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi there

An external domain can not be captured by Target as it is not connected to your Target deployement.

However, not sure what you want to do exactly but you might want to consider Redirectors as described here:

https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/email/working-with-redirectors/

Other possibility is to attach a URL parameter to the link that goes out of your domain i.e. something like this:

externaldomain.com?eurl=adobe

as long as this link is on your domain/site (where you have Target) the parameter "eurl" and value "adobe" should be recorded once this link is clicked. You would then create an audience based on the parameter and value to filter your results in order to see how many clicks went from your site to for example "adobe.com".

Hope that helps.

Greetings

Nicolas

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi there

An external domain can not be captured by Target as it is not connected to your Target deployement.

However, not sure what you want to do exactly but you might want to consider Redirectors as described here:

https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/email/working-with-redirectors/

Other possibility is to attach a URL parameter to the link that goes out of your domain i.e. something like this:

externaldomain.com?eurl=adobe

as long as this link is on your domain/site (where you have Target) the parameter "eurl" and value "adobe" should be recorded once this link is clicked. You would then create an audience based on the parameter and value to filter your results in order to see how many clicks went from your site to for example "adobe.com".

Hope that helps.

Greetings

Nicolas