Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

A/B Testing and Multi Variate Testing

Level 10

Hi all,

Target facilitates A/B Testing and Multi Variate Testing.

These testings are performed by business users I guess.

As developers what is our role in there?

If I were to estimate efforts for these testings, how and what to put efforts?

Today I need to submit my estimates.

Appreciate all your quick responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama ,

It all depends on the developers who are implementing these like skill set , product feature implementation logic etc.

It is the call of developers to decide how time & effort they would take to implement the feature and it will also depend on the Project Manager to decide the LOE for the the task

Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama ,

It all depends on the developers who are implementing these like skill set , product feature implementation logic etc.

It is the call of developers to decide how time & effort they would take to implement the feature and it will also depend on the Project Manager to decide the LOE for the the task

Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi Parit,

Thanks for your quick reply.

These testings need to be performed in the long run and it is not a one time job.

So, my idea is that the developers should develop profiles, ect, that are required for the Marketing people, who are more knowledgeable on the content side and they will keep running the tests.

Of course, the Marketing people need to be trained on testing.

In the Managed services, I understand that the developers take it up on themselves.

It is in this perspective that I am thinking that as developers, we do not do the testing and so no effort needs to be estimated for this.

Kindly confirm my understanding.

Thanks,

Rama.