Highlighted

Target not showing experience for Segment AAM says I belong to

stevemalko

09-09-2019

I've created a bunch of "onboarded traits" that make up a segment rule (lets call it Seg123), and I've uploaded a data file that contains my declared ID and the traits that would put me in the segment Seg123.

When I check my Profile in AAM Visitor Profile Viewer (searching for my UUID) it shows that I qualify for Seg123, however when I visit the URL, I DONT see the experience for that segment, I fall into the "All visitors" experience (which is ranked 2nd in the list)

People Core Services shows Seg123 current size as "Collecting Data" - could it not be done syncing?

Thoughts? could it just be a timing issue? What else could I be missing?

Replies

Highlighted

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

09-09-2019

Hi Steve,

• is the AAM segment the only criteria applied for targeting?
  • are you working with an XT or other type of activities?
  • is it the only activity targeted to this page or mbox (check the Collisions tab in AT )?
  • is Experience Cloud ID implemented on the targeted page(s)?
Highlighted

stevemalko

09-09-2019

• is the AAM segment the only criteria applied for targeting? - Yes, and according to AAM visitor profile viewer, i belong to the segment
  • are you working with an XT or other type of activities? - XT
  • is it the only activity targeted to this page or mbox (check the Collisions tab in AT )?  - Yes it should be, I will double check
  • is Experience Cloud ID implemented on the targeted page(s)?  - Yes, "Experience B" is a "all visitors" catch-all type segment, which is working (and I am seeing that experience). However this

The "all visitors" audience is ranked #2, even if I remove it, i still wont get my intended experience.

Highlighted

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

09-09-2019

Also check that the declared ID (customer ID) passed to the Experience Cloud ID Service has the "authenticated" flag

Highlighted

stevemalko

09-09-2019

I apologize, I am going to need a little more hand-holding, not quite sure where to get that information. Is that in the cookie data?

Highlighted

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

09-09-2019

You can find the http requests either in the browser developer tools (examine the network tab) or in Adobe debugger extension.

Highlighted

stevemalko

09-09-2019

I've double checked with my developer, the authentication flag is being sent.

We also tried a different experiment where we replaced the Segment with another segment that our profile should qualify for, and that seemed to work. So - segments are being recognized, now we're just trying to determine if its the rules, or the timing...or anything else    

Highlighted

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

10-09-2019

Steve, have you determined the issue cause? if not yet, I would advise to open a ticket with CustomerCare to check the real-time integration between AAM and AT.