Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Need a tool to help identify similar pages for an AB test

Level 1

Scenario

• I am looking for similar web pages to put into one test
  • For example, I want to get 50 pages that all have a blue button in the banner
  •  

Challenge

• Right now, I have been gathering that pages manually and it takes forever.

Questions

• Is there a tool/process out there that AB testers use to document their pages to help?
  •  
4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear @ktahlvin,

Why do you need to know the similar pages list?

If you want the target to deliver an offer across pages that use the same ELEMENT (Here, Blue Button on the images), just use the 'Page Delivery' (Add TEMPLATE RULE) option in the target to include the ENTIRE DOMAIN.

PratheepArunRaj_0-1686587391285.png

This will deliver the offer across the domain where similar ELEMENT is present i.e. Across pages.

Aside, not sure whether we can some external tools to pull the URLs based on your requirement.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 1

Hello @PratheepArunRaj,

@ktahlvin and @PratheepArunRaj, found this conversation interesting so I am curious to know more.

Consider targeting the hero banner CTAs in a set of pages(200+ URLs under parent URL). What if some pages under the page delivery URLs doesn't have a CTA? What is the best approach you suggest in such scenarios?

My understanding from you last comment, correct me if I am wrong:

Do you mean to say identify/get the pages using "Page Delivery" and then work on those pages using JS codes to identify the elements (instead of target selectors)

Community Advisor

Dear @subhadip100 ,

If a page didn't have that CTA, the target cannot apply the offer to the page, so the pages without CTA will not be affected.

And, you cannot identify/get the pages using 'Page Delivery', you can just expand your offer to be applied across multiple pages which has the particular ELEMENT. Use any technique, CSS or ID, or Target Selector, but ensure that the technique you use can identify the ELEMENT on every page.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

Level 1

Google Optimize has a feature called "Page Insights" that can help you identify pages that are similar to each other. You can use this feature to create a list of pages that you want to include in your AB test.

Crazy Egg has a feature called "Heatmaps" that can help you identify which pages on your website are the most popular. You can use this information to create a list of pages that you want to include in your AB test.