Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multi tests on the same page – Collision management - Page Delivery vs Audience targeting

Level 3

Hello,

I have setup 2 test -  an A/B test for Mobile Users and an Adobe Recommendation test for Desktop users.

So i have:

Test A (A/B) with page delivery (url + page template) and Audience targeting set up to mobile visitor only

Test B (REC) with page delivery (url + page template) and Audience targeting set up to desktop  visitor only 

If a desktop visitor land on page that qualify for both tests, how the collision is managed?  Does the user automatically qualify for the test B or should I expect to see some cases where the user go through test A, but doesn't qualify for the experience at the audience level.

Many thanks,

Jerome

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Jerome1978,

This is a great question. You won't be allowed to enter the activity unless you match both the URL and the audience targeting so in your example you would e evaluated for both however you would only qualify into TestB because you are on a desktop not on a mobile device.

Hope this helps!

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 3

Many thank for your quick reply Mihnea.

It was my understanding, but once I check the test in Adobe analytic I can see some mobile users in the desktop experience.

the Desktop audience has been defined has

Target Library = windows operation system

OR 

Target Library = Mac OS operating system

OR 

Target Library = Linux Operation system

I have just created a new audience defined as

Mobile -  is Mobile = False

Mobile -  is tablet = False

Do you have an recommendation to  define the Desktop Audience?

Employee Advisor

@Jerome1978,

Keep in mind the activity won't prevent your mobile visitors from seeing that page. Which is probably what you are running the report on in Analytics. It will just not show them the experience from the desktop audience. That's all it has the power to do

Try to see if you can get into the desktop experience from your mobile device. I'm 99% confident you won't be able to but if you do manage to do that definitely open a support ticket so we can look into it further.

Hope this helps!

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 3

An evar is fired for when a target experience is delivered so I measure the evar instance.

If I ignore our target Experience Evar setting, the number of visitors going through both tests based on Target is way under the page traffic reported in Adobe analytic by 30%... but this could be another issue.

I am going let the test run with this audience and check if it makes any difference.

Many thanks,

Jerome

Level 3

I have check the User Agent reported in Adobe analytic and they have 2 Exploitation system reported (high traffic over 50% of the traffic reported for some tests)

mozilla/5.0 (linux; android 8.0.0; sm-a520f build/r16nw; wv) applewebkit/537.36 (khtml, like gecko) version/4.0 chrome/70.0.3538.110 mobile safari/537.36

so if the desktop traffic is defined as

Target Library = windows operation system OR  Target Library = Mac OS operating system OR Target Library = Linux Operation system

If target Library is using the User agent, this user can potentially quality for both mobile and desktop test.

Employee Advisor

@Jerome1978,

Some things to keep in mind:

1. Numbers might be different in Analytics due to un-stitched hits: (https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/a4t/minimizing-inflated-visit-and-visitor-co...)

I alwasy recommend basing your decisions off of the Target reports especially if yo don't have the A4T Analytics for target integration.

2. eVars are an Analytics variable their values and assignment are closely tied to allocation and expiration settings.

Additionally here is how I would build a desktop vs mobile audience see screen-shots below.

Hope this helps!

Mobile Audience:

_1._mobile_visitor_audience.png

Desktop Audience:

_2._desktop_visitor_audience.png

Level 3

Hi Mihnea,

Sorry for the delay,  I let the test run to get enough data to validate my assumption.

with the previous configuration I had ~10% of users that did not see any test

with this configuration (is Mobile True / false) it's up to 20%

Based on your help  Mobile you are using deviceatlas - do they provide to you an estimation of % unspecified / undetermined / errors ?

Employee Advisor

@Jerome1978,

If your assessment of 20% (didn't see either) is made based off of data from Analytics or A4T report that might be incorrect. Please re-visit point 1. from above about un-stitched hits. That is typically the number one reason for data discrepancy in Analytics or A4T reports.

Additionally if you woudl like to look into the specific details with support you can reach us at: ttclientcare@adobe.com