Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Excluding certain site sections from a Test Experience

Level 1

Hello, looking for help figuring out how to exclude a set of pages on my home domain from being included in the test experience.

For tracking purposes We change the TFN number on Different pages to understand what pages drove people to call in.

The CTRL has a number and the Variation has a different number.  This is fine, they are fired using an ECID to trigger a DTM rule.

I need to exclude any page that has /local/ as a subforlder in the URL.  I have tried to do it within the target tools section in the Create portion of the test activities by adding a URL condition that says "doesn't contain" /local/.  But if you are cookied as a particpant in the test and then go through organic search and click a link that has /local/ the DTM rule still fires and overwrites the TFN on the local landing page with one from the test.

Who knows the right way to handle this? What I want is the user to be able to go to our home page and get entered into the test, but if they come back later or the next day through a local organic search and click on a local page (...../local/....) they still see the correct local number for that page and not the number that was set on the home page and cookied from the previous visit.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi John,

Is the URL condition that says "doesn't contain" /local/ your only template page rule (create step > configure > URL)? If so can you confirm the operator is set to AND instead of OR.

If you are actually using an OR condition and then trying to layer an exclusion on top of the OR condition please share the other rules. You may want to do the "exclusion" part in an audience (on the target step) if this is the case.

Level 10

Hi John,

Is your query resolved ?. If not , please do let us know so that we can further help you.

Regards

Parit Mittal