Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why some profiles in CDP are excluded from Destination export which being part of Segment membership

Level 4

Hi team,

We have created a few streaming Segments for an ecommerce project and testing those with some users. Source of the data is Adobe Analytics streaming data, A4T, and no webSDK, so we get data every hour.

We are passing the same attribute (hashed email) as part of destination export and could see the hashed email as part of datalake as well as profile. But still could see some profiles, which are part of Segment membership (when checked the profile), not being activated to destination when i check the export batches. PFA the snippet. 

This is happening for few test users only, through the atributes which we are passing to destination is present in all the user profiles. 

Please help me understand why this is happening. These profiles are not excluded and neither they are activated. 

mansibedi_0-1693219972861.pngmansibedi_1-1693219992529.png

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Please check again the document I cited earlier
Profile export behavior | Adobe Experience Platform

saswata_ghosh_0-1693244113268.png

To further de-bug the issue, support ticket is advised

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Please click on the dataflow run hyperlink.

saswata_ghosh_0-1693240117516.png

The details page also displays a list of identities that failed and identities that were excluded. Information for both the failed and excluded identities is displayed, including the error code, identity count, and description. By default, the list displays the failed identities. To show skipped identities, select the Identities excluded toggle.
Monitor dataflows for Destinations in the UI | Adobe Experience Platform

Level 4

@saswata_ghosh  I chcked in the detailed page you showed as well. Also, I attached screenshot above - where in an export batch : 

profiles received = 1

Identities activated=  - 

Identities excluded = 0

so for the above 1 profile that is received, i did not get any export in the destination. The destination set up for this case is SFTP, so there was no export file, and no error in the detailed page you showed, can you help tell why the received profile did not export? 

Employee

Ok, so your destination is a batch (and not streaming destination). Since I do not have more information on how you have setup the SFTP destination, you can refer this document on what to expect as per how you have scheduled and whether it is full/incremental.

Level 4

the segment is a streaming segment.. But the only option for the SFTP destination that suited us is the Incremental export, every 3 hours. It is incremental. 

But what my doubt is for this batch export --

profiles received = 1

Identities activated=  - 

Identities excluded = 0

Since nothing is excluded, then why the received profile did not export? Normally for other test cases it is working fine, the export happens every 3 hours as expected, so it doesn't seem to be SFTP set up issue. For a couple of users this above issue is happening. So it should be based on the user profile or i'm not sure what! Please suggest.

Correct answer by
Employee

Please check again the document I cited earlier

saswata_ghosh_0-1693244113268.png

To further de-bug the issue, support ticket is advised