Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What's the different between Instances and Instances(Particapation) in Data Warehouse

Level 3

I'm using the data warehouse in Adobe Analytics tools to export some data

And I can see there is 2 different instances for a eVar

DebbyNPL_0-1634629037773.png

What's the different between them?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Instance returns the number of hits when the variable was set with a value (the beacon included eVar1=value).

The Participation metric presumably returns the number of hits when the variable was either set or the previously set value was persisted according to the eVar settings.

I doubt the participation here refers to the attribution model as the participation should be configured with the date range the hits are processed within (e.g. Visit, Visitor), but the DW does not point to this at all.

It seems the current documentation does not have any reference to the participation type of metrics available in the DW template builder.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi @DebbyNPL,

I think "Participation" is the attribution model. But could you please elaborate about what information are you stocking in your eVar1 ?

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Instance returns the number of hits when the variable was set with a value (the beacon included eVar1=value).

The Participation metric presumably returns the number of hits when the variable was either set or the previously set value was persisted according to the eVar settings.

I doubt the participation here refers to the attribution model as the participation should be configured with the date range the hits are processed within (e.g. Visit, Visitor), but the DW does not point to this at all.

It seems the current documentation does not have any reference to the participation type of metrics available in the DW template builder.

Level 3

Thanks Andrey, can not agree any more!

Yes, the DW documents showed no references to the participation, and I also doubt that the participation refers to the attibution because the participation always need to assign "paricipate to what", and I never assign that.

For double comfirm, I think you mean the participation here means occurances (instances+post evar), right?