Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

UNStitching?? Removing IDs from Anonymized Profiles in AEP

Level 3
Hello,

I hope you're doing well.

We have 360 degree profiles in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) that contain several IDs. For some anonymized profiles, we're looking to remove certain IDs to ensure no one can trace back and identify the customer, even though their contact information is already anonymized in AEP.

Could you advise if this is possible in AEP and how we might go about it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a couple of options to consider.  It does come down to how big the issue is.  If is a single profile you may chose option 1, but if it is a larger issue you may choose option 2.  The options are listed below.

1) You can use the Data Hygiene feature of the CDP to remove a profile across a specific dataSet or all dataSet.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/data-lifecycle/ui/overview

2) You will need to identify the dataSets which had led to the profile collapse and then remove the entire dataset. This is not ideal but it would remove all impacted profiles.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi @JeanBaro2 

By "removing", what do you mean by that? Do you mean that you want to keep the profile but you want to delete some of its IDs in the identity graph? Or do you want to remove the entire profile?

Thanks

Denis

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a couple of options to consider.  It does come down to how big the issue is.  If is a single profile you may chose option 1, but if it is a larger issue you may choose option 2.  The options are listed below.

1) You can use the Data Hygiene feature of the CDP to remove a profile across a specific dataSet or all dataSet.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/data-lifecycle/ui/overview

2) You will need to identify the dataSets which had led to the profile collapse and then remove the entire dataset. This is not ideal but it would remove all impacted profiles.

Level 3

Thanks! I will for sure investigate these options!

P.S: Please, check if my reply give you any extra context on the problem we are trying to solve here.

Level 3

The ultimate goal, from both a business and regulatory standpoint, is to ensure that once a profile is "anonymized," there is no way to reconstruct the individual’s contact information. If the anonymized profile is still linked to other systems that could potentially reveal their identity, this would violate compliance regulations.

Level 3

I believe something similar has to be achieved to be GDPR compliance?