Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

streaming segmentation clarification

Level 6

Suppose that I created streaming segmentation. Does this mean:

a) all profiles which already fulfill conditions will be included in audience

b) based only on incoming events from the moment when the segment was set up the audience of the segment will be populated

Which one?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

with the case noted above since the segment was created after the event occurred, the streaming segment would be evaluated by the batch_segmentation process.

Since event occurred before the segment was created I do not believe it would be realized in the segment.  If the event occurs after the segment rule is created, then the segment will evaluate to consider qualification.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Michael_Soprano 

The way you can think of streaming segment is the evaluation of the segment will occur on the incoming hit of data.  

If data is ingested for the profile the segment will evaluated the profile to determine the qualification for the segment.  The streaming segment would be evaluated every 24 hrs as a result of the batch_segmentation process.

Level 6

User visited url test123.com on 01.01.2024 on 12:50 

I created streaming segment for users which url contains test123 on 01.01.2024 on 12:53 

Would the user be included in the segment in the moment of creation?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

with the case noted above since the segment was created after the event occurred, the streaming segment would be evaluated by the batch_segmentation process.

Since event occurred before the segment was created I do not believe it would be realized in the segment.  If the event occurs after the segment rule is created, then the segment will evaluate to consider qualification.