Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment Membership Latency

Level 2

I see some discrepancies in my segments in which there are profiles getting realized(checked via query service) in a particular segment but this segment appears in the profiles segment membership status after 5-6 hours , is there any known latency and reason behind this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@pushparay03 

Yes, its expected behavior because updates to segments happen in cycles that run every few hours. So, when an event happens that should change a profile's segment, it's going to wait until the next update cycle before you see it. That's the main reason you're seeing this delay. Saying that, AEP does have this feature called Real-time Customer Profile. This is supposed to make profile updates faster, but sometimes even with this, there can be a little delay especially if there's a lot of data coming in fast. If you're pulling data from outside sources or other systems, it can take more time for that data to get processed and show up in your profiles.

Thanks

Madhan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

@pushparay03 

Yes, its expected behavior because updates to segments happen in cycles that run every few hours. So, when an event happens that should change a profile's segment, it's going to wait until the next update cycle before you see it. That's the main reason you're seeing this delay. Saying that, AEP does have this feature called Real-time Customer Profile. This is supposed to make profile updates faster, but sometimes even with this, there can be a little delay especially if there's a lot of data coming in fast. If you're pulling data from outside sources or other systems, it can take more time for that data to get processed and show up in your profiles.

Thanks

Madhan

Level 2

Thanks that helps!, do you have any link or document to confirm this behaviour?

Level 2

Hey, ours is streaming segment and we can see profiles getting realized in segment via query service but not present in segment membership of profile.