Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Salesforce CRM Destination

Level 2

Hi, has anyone sucessfully implemented the salesforce crm integration in rt-cdp? I'm following documentation but not being able to send segments to salesforce, if anyone has any tips regarding this it would be helpfull, we basically want to send data into the leads object in salesforce,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @rafaelb ,

Some popular use cases are sending website events into Salesforce associated to leads/contacts. For example page views, video start/completes, chat engagement, ungated downloads, etc.

We can send these into SFDC onto a new custom object associated to leads/contacts. 

Is this the type of use case you are looking for?

I agree with Anil, any details would be helpful.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@rafaelb Could you expand on the issue? what have you tried and what errors are you facing? Some screenshot and details about the data you are trying to send would also help 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @rafaelb ,

Some popular use cases are sending website events into Salesforce associated to leads/contacts. For example page views, video start/completes, chat engagement, ungated downloads, etc.

We can send these into SFDC onto a new custom object associated to leads/contacts. 

Is this the type of use case you are looking for?

I agree with Anil, any details would be helpful.

Level 1

Hi. Following all the documented steps on Salesforce as a destination and mapping some test fields, I cannot send Leads from AEP.  I tried to export the same audience to an S3 without any issues.  The issue is that after evaluation, records are always received, and records are skipped but zero records are activated.  I'm mapping the two required fields: LastName and Company.  

Attached is the dataflow run example.  

FranciscoRu1_0-1705963397979.png

Any thoughts or ideas to bring to this?

Thanks.  

Level 2

Hi @pacoruizgt - are you trying to insert new lead records into Salesforce? Or are you trying to append a new custom field value as a segment marker on existing leads in Salesforce?

Level 1

Hi! I'm just trying to create new Leads with the very basic data. I understand that just LastName and Company are required to create new Leads. Shortly, some custom fields will be added, but nothing more than that. 

Level 1

I have not confirmed information that the Salesforce CRM destination connector works just if you have already created the Lead on the Salesforce side.  I´m still having issues with it, and I cannot create new leads using the connector having all the correct mappings.  

Could anyone confirm or refuse that information here? 

Level 1

I have the exact same problem, cannot create new leads using the standard connector, I've tried a few combinations of mappings and having the SalesforceId field or excluding it, but no luck. All the identities are being excluded and getting this error:

Identities could not be resolved. Please make sure you have the correct mappings and try again.

You still haven't figure it out, too? I think maybe it just doesn't create leads/contacts!