Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Restricting Audience Creation

Level 2

Hi Team,

I am looking for ways to restrict users to save audience in the system. I am anticipating high number of dummy/test audiences to be created once it is enabled for user access. Is there a way to restrict this? One approach I think can be to let them create (enable 'Create Audience' button), but not let them Save (disable 'Save Audience') button. However, I am not sure if this is possible from UI (permissions?). Kindly suggest the right approach.

Regards,

Rohit

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@RohitGangishetty1 This is not currently possible, the ability to create and save an audience is under the 'manage-segments' in the Profile Management permissions so you either get create and save or not. There is no granular way to distinguish the creation and the saving because saving is what will actually set the audience for the segment evaluation.

Advice here is to use a Dev sandbox which you'll be able to reset later on once your users have played around with the audience functionality. You can otherwise request all users use a specific naming convention (some kind of a prefix) so you can then delete the segments but that's easier said than done

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@RohitGangishetty1 This is not currently possible, the ability to create and save an audience is under the 'manage-segments' in the Profile Management permissions so you either get create and save or not. There is no granular way to distinguish the creation and the saving because saving is what will actually set the audience for the segment evaluation.

Advice here is to use a Dev sandbox which you'll be able to reset later on once your users have played around with the audience functionality. You can otherwise request all users use a specific naming convention (some kind of a prefix) so you can then delete the segments but that's easier said than done

Level 2

Totally understand. Thank You Tof. Need to put some governance in place as there is no platform level restriction that can be implemented.