Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profiles are viewable under profile view

Level 2

Hi, 

I have created a schema with email as one of the field(Primary Identity) and kept Email as Identity namespace. Profile enabled both schema and dataset, ingested few records to it but records not coming up on profiles view. Interestingly records are loaded into respective datasets, profile snapshot dataset and event the count is visible under Audience created for the same.

Any idea where things go wrong in here ? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ikram

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ikmo7  - Strange, can you ingest new records and use default merge policy. I know you tried it once. If it doesn't work, i would also recommend raising a client care ticket.

Thanks,

Arpan

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 2

Hi @Ikmo7 

Sometimes AEP UI takes time to view the profile. You can check the profile entity and its attribute with data using profile APIs. 

refer for API -- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/profile/api/entities#access-profile-d...

if you did not get the profile using the APIs as well then please mention each step that you followed from creating the schema to ingestion of data. Maybe then I can help you.

Level 2

Thanks for the response @vivek777 . The steps that I followed is initially created a XDM Individual record schema added few fields like email, firstname and lastname and made email as PI with Email NS. Similarly created dataset and profile enabled both.

Added the data using JSON upload and the data gets reflected in the dataset but not in profile yet. It's been more than 2/3 days but profiles are not showing up.

Community Advisor

Hey @Ikmo7 

Usually these issues have something very small missing so I am going to ask one such query.

Are you using the same namespace while looking for the profile ? There are a few Email related namespaces in AEP.

Could you also share the screenshot of the schema and how it is configured and also when you do a profile search.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi @abhinavbalooni ,

Yes I am using same namespace "Email" while creating the schema as well as while searching in profile view.

Attaching the Screenshot of the Schema structure.

Ikmo7_0-1717583275229.png

Level 2

Adding Profile Search SS here,

Ikmo7_0-1717584887931.png

Note: Created a new merge policy and made it as default with similar settings.

Community Advisor

Do you see the profile if you switch the merge policy to the default timebased ?

Community Advisor

looks all good then. Try ingesting a few more records. If they show up or not.

If not, might need to check with client care.

Community Advisor

With the custom merge policy have you mapped in the dataset into the merge policy? This could be the case if records are not showing up in profile.

Level 2

While creating the Merge policy, the merge method was given as Timestamp Ordered.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ikmo7  - Strange, can you ingest new records and use default merge policy. I know you tried it once. If it doesn't work, i would also recommend raising a client care ticket.

Thanks,

Arpan